Saturday, July 12, 2008

Super Awesome Exciting Weekend!!!!

Well, my weekend without the wife is halfway over. Well, I'm actually working on this on Sunday so my weekend is almost over. Kayleen should actually be back in an hour or so. Hmmm... I should probably start cleaning. Well, that can wait until after I'm done writing my blog entry. I had a great weekend, although I don't know how much of it is sworn to secrecy. (Kelly, you didn't tell mother about my blog, did you?) I'll be happy when Kayleen gets back, I'm running out of clean shirts already. Well, I'll also be happy to see her, but I do need shirts for work tomorrow. (I guess I should point out to people who don't know me that I'm being sarcastic here, I did miss Kayleen and will be happy to see her. I just don't wont to get in trouble for my sarcasm. It's not my fault that I am sarcastic, it's just my nature.) Since I don't know exactly how much of my weekend has supposed to be kept confidential, I guess I will talk about other things that are not confidential. (I didn't know where I was going with that, and I don't like to erase my work, my writings end up a lot shorter when I do rephrase things.)

When Kayleen got back, she had not gone to mass yet so we went to Blessed Sacrament. It is a very beautiful church, very traditional. It has the traditional cross shape and the communion rails. (although I don't know if they use them anymore.) It was a very spiritual experience just being there, and the priest there gave an excellent homily. He talked about Catholics relationship with Christ. It went very well with our own parish priests homily this week, Fr. Joe said in his homily that people should love the Lord with as much love as people who are getting married have for each other. People would say to Fr. Joe that those people that love God that much are extraordinary people, and Fr. Joe would say that no, not the extraordinary person but the ordinary person should be filled with that much love. Being at the church at Blessed Sacrament made me think "What am I focusing on here at mass?" We are in the true presence of God, why would we want to focus on anything else? Why would we want to move him out of the church? I was very appreciative of the priest sermon because he was trying to stir up the church and get the parishioners to live out their faith. It seems hard to find priests that do that these days. It is hard for them I'm sure because people tend to give them a hard time if they don't like what they hear from a priest. We should pray for priests to listen to God and not to be afraid of delivering God's message.

2 comments:

Kayleen said...

Sounds like you had a radically exciting weekend without me, changing headlights and playing Xbox and everything...very thrilling :) But I did miss you alot and realized that you do take the best care of me of anyone. Love you picky bear!!

Kelly said...

Dude, if you comment on my blog then anyone who reads my blog can link back to yours. Same with Kayleens. How do you think I found these in the first place??