Friday, July 4, 2008

I accept your challenge!

Well, Kayleen's friends are trying to convince her to join them on a weekend of gallivanting and carousing. One of her friends wrote in her blog and gave 26 reasons why Kayleen should go with them. I told Kayleen "Oh no, now I'm going to have to give 52 reasons why you should not go." And she quickly replied that I would not be capable of giving that many reasons. Well Kayleen, I accept your challenge. I will come up with 52 reasons why you should not leave me to spend the weekend for a fun filled ruckus time with your friends.

  1. You would be leaving your husband to fend for himself. After spending almost two months non-stop with with him, you should know that I am unable to take care of myself.
  2. You will be lonely without me.
  3. I will rearrange the apartment while you are gone. You will be worried the whole time!
  4. You will need to leave me with money in case I go over to visit Pat.
  5. I might buy a hamster with the money you left me with in case I had visited Pat.
  6. I might buy a ferret...
  7. I might buy a gerbil.
  8. I might buy a squirrel
  9. I might buy a squirrel army.
  10. I might buy two.
  11. I might have the armies fight each other.
  12. We might get kicked out because of my squirrel armies, and we will be evicted from our place.
  13. The survivors of the great squirrel battle might attack me because I was not able to lock myself in our place.
  14. The squirrels might win and kill me!
  15. I might watch a bunch of House episodes without you.
  16. I might start drinking again. (oooo... People are now going to think that your husband is a drunkard!)
  17. I might go crazy. (I guess the squirrel army thing wasn't me going crazy yet. Just makes you think...)
  18. I might waste my whole week and just play xbox.
  19. Do you really want to spend your whole week with her? (Now you really can't go because everyone there will be thinking "Who is the "her"? What did she tell Mike about her?" Even if this whole reason is a lie, your friends won't know and the whole weekend will become very awkward.)
  20. I might spend time with some of my bachelor friends!
  21. I might go to bars!
  22. I will probably smoke some cigars.
  23. I will probably become addicted to cigars.
  24. Your friends won't be able to appreciate you as much as I do.
  25. Your friends were able to (so far) come up with 26 reasons as to why you should go. I'm trying (I say trying because I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do it now.) to come up with 52!
  26. You'll come home to a big mess that you'll have to clean up because I'll have to work the next day.
  27. This would be a great chance to show up your friends and make yourself appear as "Miss High and Mighty" over your married friends and you can say "No, I'm not going to leave MYYYY husband. I Love MYYY husband." (Again, I would like to point out that saying this would only make you APPEAR to be better than your friends. We all know that you would be bagging out to only stay at home on the couch.)
  28. You would regret the weekend because you could have spent it working as a nanny somewhere. You were thinking of buying your husband some nice gifts and nice gifts aren't cheap.
  29. If you are hanging out with your drunk friends, they are liable to throw up. Seeing them throw up might cause you to throw up. Your other friends who had not thrown up might the start throwing up. Then everyone will be throwing up. Not a very pleasant sight. I'm not going to elaborate on it.
  30. I don't like the idea of you spending your time with so many nurses. They may know which drugs you can take while pregnant, I don't want you getting high or anything.
  31. People at church will think that you were mad at me or that you left me! I'm not going to want to have to go up to everyone and tell them that your just out of town.
  32. If reason 31 is wrong, there is still a chance that people will just wonder where you are, then I'll have to say to everyone "No, she is just out of town with her friends. Sort of a last girls weekend thing." And I'll be forced to give a smile as they tell me some joke about me not being able to take care of myself. I wont be able to say "I told her! I told her not to go!" because you know how I can be a little shy.
  33. I wont eat my vegetables while your gone.
  34. I wont eat my fruits.
  35. I wont eat healthy food at all!
  36. I'll eat out every night!
  37. You'll miss out on all me crazy antics!
  38. You'll be sad of the lack of crazy antics in your weekend. (I should have probably spread these two out because now these appear to be for the same thing and should be combined.)
I guess I'll write the other 14 later because you are yelling at me to make my lunch. I'll hopefully be able to finish my list tomorrow.


Ahhh... The puzzle update now! Sorry, I meant to post this picture a while ago. I was up to this point on Monday I believe.


This is where I was about midnight on I guess you would say Wednesday morning.

This is later on Wednesday morning.


And here is where I am today. The hard part is getting the base of the tower connected to the rest. The pattern's aren't matching up and It's getting very frustrating. I guess if and when Kayleen goes on her trip (Yeah, I am pretty sure she is going to go.) I'll have time to finish the puzzle properly, even though Kayleen wont be there to help me. She did help me with various different parts to the puzzle.

2 comments:

Nurse Neagle said...

I have to say good try...even though you have more than 26 reasons, the VALUE and VALIDITY are not of the same quality as my 26 reasons...

Nurse Neagle said...

Reasons she should go, that would also benefit you!:
1. You could prove to her that you CAN fend for yourself, and she will realize that she married a wonderful MAN who can also help look after HER one day if she is sick.

2. You could make her a scavenger hunt in the apartment that would eventually lead to something mysterious and special...need help getting started? facebook message me!

3. You could cut some fresh flowers (hopefully legally, because I hear sometimes it is illegal to cut flowers...) and have them waiting for her when she gets home.

4. You could go to your mom's house and ask her to make something like lasagna, or something in a pan that you can put in the fridge, and then make for her when she gets home on Sunday.

5. You could have your mom make approximately 5 different types of foods, because Kayleen might be nauseated at the site of lasagna.

6. You could make the meals yourself...

7. Kayleen will be around 5 other girls who will probably be bad-mouthing their "terrible" boyfriends/husbands and she will realize how great you are!

8. You could knit a blanket for the baby. She would love that!

9. You could rearrange everything in the apartment (yes i know you said this as one of your reasons) because you MISS her. And it will be sweet. Imagine: "you did this for me??"

10. Nurses do know drugs she can take while she's pregnant and some of them could make her FEEL BETTER. She cannot take drugs that make her high, unless you want your baby to be born with an addiction.

11. You don't buy a rodent with any money she leaves you, because YOU CARE ABOUT HER, and know she wouldn't like that.

12. Any money you are left you use part of to buy a piggy bank for the wee-one, and place the change inside.

13. You don't watch any of the House episodes, which shows that you have patience, and shows that House just isn't the same to you without her there. And she will say "that is sweet."

14. You might play x-box during the weekend, which is great, because she isn't there and it gets it out of your system for when she returns.

15. You might spend time with some of your bachelor friends! And have some fun! And she will feel less guilty for having so much fun with us, because she knows you are busy and having a good time as well.

16. We might be throwing up together, and that will make her feel less awkward, and we can all laugh and laugh while vomit runs down our chins. (and I say chins, plural, because there are 6 of us, not because we have double chins...)

17. Now, you not eating healthy for approximately 4 meals will NOT hurt anything...your whole college life you ate....chicken strips I think and pizza? yes??? And you only ate about 1 time per day...so you're really only missing 2 meals...She'll be back for dinner on Sunday i'm sure.

18. She might come back with some tips for that bedtime dance...

19. Nurses also know techniques for relaxation as we do not always rely on medicines to solve the world's problems...

20. Aubri has been to a Lamaze class before for nursing school, and she could talk to Kayleen about it.

21. There is nothing like listening to the waves of the ocean crash onto shore, and Kayleen will be able to relax on the beach with her 5 friends of yore.

22. You could write Kayleen a note by clipping out letters, words, and phrases from the newspaper, and hide it somewhere funny like the freezer or a cupboard she won't likely open for a while, and see how long it takes her to find it. (of course be sure to write about something nice or she might think it was a ransom note!)

23. Bake cookies!! Leave some for her...

24. Prepare a surprise baby shower for her with just your local family and friends, tell her you are "going to dinner at so and so's house" on sunday, but really it is the party!

25. Prepare candles to be all lit when she comes home with rose petals all over, she'll see how much time that took you and appreciate it!

26. Tell her: "Kayleen, I think you should go spend time with your friends next weekend. I have my whole life to spend with you, and it would be selfish of me to not share you with others. I'll miss you, but the apartment and I will still be here when you return." And end this with any kind of gesture that you like.


That's 26 more...