Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Saturday, July 26, 2008
Here I am with my horrible disgusting ear. I personally don't see anything wrong with it, but I may not know what I'm talking about.
(And now for a weather tangent. It's funny that my little accuweather application on my web browser is telling me it's raining because it's still mostly sunny right now. (Although since I started this it has become more and more cloudy) I know it will be raining soon, but for a weather report to day that it is raining while it is actually sunny is kind of funny.)
Friday, July 25, 2008
Well, this is another entry with no real purpose but to increase my number of posts for July. Sorry to bore you. As a reward, I'll post a clip from Dr. Horrible's Sing-along blog.
My favorite part is "Yes, Captain Hammers here, hair blowing in the breeze! The day needs my saving expertise!"
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Here we are both giving the "Pat" look. I don't know what he really calls it. Probably something like "annoyed with brother" or something like that. He is very good at whipping this out without a moments notice.
Monday, July 21, 2008
Saturday, July 19, 2008
I forgot to post this earlier, but here is Kayleen waiting in the doctor's office. Kayleen is still upbeat even after waiting over an hour in the waiting room. This was actually taken with my camera phone! It takes pretty nice pictures for being a camera phone.
We went to the beach today with a bunch of friends. A couple of friends of ours arranged a day out at the beach in Seattle to play volleyball and eat burgers and hot dogs. It has been years since I've played volleyball. Last summer I was in New York and the only sports we played there were basketball, soccer, and football.
Friday, July 18, 2008
Here is my new ring. I'm try to take a closer picture but my camera is not very good at close ups. You can see the design if you zoom in a bit on this picture.
But seeing as that I just got my ring back a few days ago, it meant that I was going around in public without a wedding ring! Kayleen was very worried and was contemplating putting a tattoo on my forhead to say "Taken" or "Felon." Either way, something to drive anyone away from me. I guess I'm lucky because my wife must think that I'm still quite a catch. (Even after being married to me for a whole 2 MONTHS!) In the end we both agreed that it would probably be best just to wait for the ring. (I dodged a big bullet there from my very hormonal wife. (hormonal in a good way though, honey!))
As for work today, I biked in again. Two days strait! It's been good to get some exercise and also, I need to get gas for Kayleen's little car and since I've been biking, I haven't needed to fill it up and the gas prices have been coming down a bit. So not only did I save on the gas I didn't use to drive, but when I do fill the car up, it will be a little cheaper than it would have been... AGHHH... This is getting confusing to write. In short I saved money at the cost of running myself ragged and getting a rather sore keester. THE END! (Sorry, it's late and I'm tired. I'm not thinking clearly. You may ask "Then why are you blogging instead of sleeping?" Well, it's because my brother (WHO DOESN'T EVEN BLOG!!!) complained that I don't write in my blog very often. It's all his fault I'm blogging while I'm tired and grumpy. You can blame him. You have my permission.)
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Here is Kayleen after the doctors visit. This is the picture I chose because she deleted my other one. The other one looked fine, she is just picky about pictures. Luckily she didn't see this one, or she would have deleted it for sure.
Also, I rode my bike into work today. Here I am in my snazy biker gear. I bought the biker gloves because my palms were sore after my last bike outing. My time into work was rather slow again, but my trip back was tem minutes faster. This was probably due to my back tire being bent. Since it is bent, it was hitting my rear break. To fix this I simply disconnected my rear break and I found it much much MUCH easier to peddle. As for my keester, I fixed my seat at work so that my seat doesn't fall back. This made it a little easier on my backside.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
When Kayleen got back, she had not gone to mass yet so we went to Blessed Sacrament. It is a very beautiful church, very traditional. It has the traditional cross shape and the communion rails. (although I don't know if they use them anymore.) It was a very spiritual experience just being there, and the priest there gave an excellent homily. He talked about Catholics relationship with Christ. It went very well with our own parish priests homily this week, Fr. Joe said in his homily that people should love the Lord with as much love as people who are getting married have for each other. People would say to Fr. Joe that those people that love God that much are extraordinary people, and Fr. Joe would say that no, not the extraordinary person but the ordinary person should be filled with that much love. Being at the church at Blessed Sacrament made me think "What am I focusing on here at mass?" We are in the true presence of God, why would we want to focus on anything else? Why would we want to move him out of the church? I was very appreciative of the priest sermon because he was trying to stir up the church and get the parishioners to live out their faith. It seems hard to find priests that do that these days. It is hard for them I'm sure because people tend to give them a hard time if they don't like what they hear from a priest. We should pray for priests to listen to God and not to be afraid of delivering God's message.
Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Well I have finished my puzzle!!! The box says it has 902 pieces but unfortunately mine only had 901. (And I will refuse to do any frowny faces.)
I think Kayleen is worried about what I will be up to this weekend without her, she already bought another 3-D puzzle of a castle. I think I will let her do more of the work on this one because I think I did more on the Empire State Building than she did. (She may deny it but I'm pretty sure I did.)
Also, we went to Gas Works Park for the 4th of July. Here is a video of the Finale.
It was an amazing show, although they only had the one patriotic song during the pyrotechnic demonstration.
And lastly, today I rode my bike into work. Boy oh boy, was that an experience. I'm about 10 miles from where I work and pretty much all of it is on a bike trail, which is really nice. The ride into work took me an hour, mind you I stopped a few times at trail junctions to make sure I was going the right way and also I'm on a mountain bike, not really a good speed bike. Well, when I got to work I felt fine, although my hands had a bit of a burn on them. I thought that my legs would have been killing me but I had no pain from them. It wasn't until an hour before I was done with work that my keester (my bum) started to hurt. I thought, uh oh, this may hurt on the ride back. Unfortunately for me, I was right. The ride back took me an hour twenty and was very painful. I don't think I will elaborate on it any more, it's kind of crude.
(But riding on my bike on the way back, I was thinking, why do people say I going to drive somewhere, but when talking about bikes, they say they are going to ride them. If someone does say they are going to ride in the car, it is very clear that they do not plan on driving. Do people who ride their bikes actually not control them? Are they riding some sort of bike that controls where they are going? Where do you get these sort of contraptions? I don't know, like I was saying, it had me thinking.)
Friday, July 4, 2008
- You would be leaving your husband to fend for himself. After spending almost two months non-stop with with him, you should know that I am unable to take care of myself.
- You will be lonely without me.
- I will rearrange the apartment while you are gone. You will be worried the whole time!
- You will need to leave me with money in case I go over to visit Pat.
- I might buy a hamster with the money you left me with in case I had visited Pat.
- I might buy a ferret...
- I might buy a gerbil.
- I might buy a squirrel
- I might buy a squirrel army.
- I might buy two.
- I might have the armies fight each other.
- We might get kicked out because of my squirrel armies, and we will be evicted from our place.
- The survivors of the great squirrel battle might attack me because I was not able to lock myself in our place.
- The squirrels might win and kill me!
- I might watch a bunch of House episodes without you.
- I might start drinking again. (oooo... People are now going to think that your husband is a drunkard!)
- I might go crazy. (I guess the squirrel army thing wasn't me going crazy yet. Just makes you think...)
- I might waste my whole week and just play xbox.
- Do you really want to spend your whole week with her? (Now you really can't go because everyone there will be thinking "Who is the "her"? What did she tell Mike about her?" Even if this whole reason is a lie, your friends won't know and the whole weekend will become very awkward.)
- I might spend time with some of my bachelor friends!
- I might go to bars!
- I will probably smoke some cigars.
- I will probably become addicted to cigars.
- Your friends won't be able to appreciate you as much as I do.
- Your friends were able to (so far) come up with 26 reasons as to why you should go. I'm trying (I say trying because I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to do it now.) to come up with 52!
- You'll come home to a big mess that you'll have to clean up because I'll have to work the next day.
- This would be a great chance to show up your friends and make yourself appear as "Miss High and Mighty" over your married friends and you can say "No, I'm not going to leave MYYYY husband. I Love MYYY husband." (Again, I would like to point out that saying this would only make you APPEAR to be better than your friends. We all know that you would be bagging out to only stay at home on the couch.)
- You would regret the weekend because you could have spent it working as a nanny somewhere. You were thinking of buying your husband some nice gifts and nice gifts aren't cheap.
- If you are hanging out with your drunk friends, they are liable to throw up. Seeing them throw up might cause you to throw up. Your other friends who had not thrown up might the start throwing up. Then everyone will be throwing up. Not a very pleasant sight. I'm not going to elaborate on it.
- I don't like the idea of you spending your time with so many nurses. They may know which drugs you can take while pregnant, I don't want you getting high or anything.
- People at church will think that you were mad at me or that you left me! I'm not going to want to have to go up to everyone and tell them that your just out of town.
- If reason 31 is wrong, there is still a chance that people will just wonder where you are, then I'll have to say to everyone "No, she is just out of town with her friends. Sort of a last girls weekend thing." And I'll be forced to give a smile as they tell me some joke about me not being able to take care of myself. I wont be able to say "I told her! I told her not to go!" because you know how I can be a little shy.
- I wont eat my vegetables while your gone.
- I wont eat my fruits.
- I wont eat healthy food at all!
- I'll eat out every night!
- You'll miss out on all me crazy antics!
- You'll be sad of the lack of crazy antics in your weekend. (I should have probably spread these two out because now these appear to be for the same thing and should be combined.)
Ahhh... The puzzle update now! Sorry, I meant to post this picture a while ago. I was up to this point on Monday I believe.
This is where I was about midnight on I guess you would say Wednesday morning.
This is later on Wednesday morning.
And here is where I am today. The hard part is getting the base of the tower connected to the rest. The pattern's aren't matching up and It's getting very frustrating. I guess if and when Kayleen goes on her trip (Yeah, I am pretty sure she is going to go.) I'll have time to finish the puzzle properly, even though Kayleen wont be there to help me. She did help me with various different parts to the puzzle.
Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Kayleen was telling me about one of her friend's blogs about how engineers having no sense of style. I really don't know what she is talking about, I work at a software company and everyone there sems to have a decent sense of style. I think I'm a pretty fair judge, as you can see by my picture I have quite the eye for style myself.
In case you guys have been wondering, work has been going great. We normally have pizza on Fridays but last Friday that was not the case and it has put me in a funk ever since. Today made up for the lack of Friday pizza, I got an email and it read:
And it was pretty good pie too! Key lime pie! I had never had it before, but being key lime I figured it must be pretty good.
Puzzle update: So the empire state building puzzle has been proceding well, I even got some help from the Mrs. I must admit though, I am taking a different approach to erecting the building, instead of the normal bottom-up method, I have unwittingly done the top-down method. This was more due to the face that the first pieces I was able to assemble were the upper pieces.