Thursday, July 17, 2008

I'm going to be a daddy!

Well I already this, but yesterday was a big moment where it really sunk in. When Kayleen and I first found out she was pregnant, we were both exhilarated! We were both just so happy. We started reading up on this little person we had created, how it was growing and its organs were developing. All this was great but at the same time, it just didn't feel very real. It was hard to connect with our child when my only evidence was that my wife was very very sick very very often. But yesterday when we went into the doctor's office, they used a Doppler to listen for the baby's heart beat and when I heard the wooshing sound, it was just so amazing. (I has already read up on the Doppler thing and so I kind of new what the doctor was doing when she started using it. Kayleen had no idea and was very pleasantly surprised. I guess I should have told her before hand and told her how the baby's heart at this point makes more of a wooshing sound, at least it does on the Doppler.) It made this whole thing very real. Kayleen bought a book on being a father during a woman's (They can't say wife anymore) pregnancy. In the book the author talks about how it's harder for a father to connect with the child durring the pregnancy because the fathers are kind of on the outside of the whole thing. But by being helping out and going to doctors visits with your wife, that really helps out a guy to connect with the child he and his wife have created. Also, he talked about the first time he heard his child's heart beat and how it too just blew him away. I am so excited for our little child (if I call him mini me, is that copyright infringement?) and can hardly wait for August 20. Even though I will be going back for my last semester of school, we will also be going in for an ultra sound!

Here is Kayleen after the doctors visit. This is the picture I chose because she deleted my other one. The other one looked fine, she is just picky about pictures. Luckily she didn't see this one, or she would have deleted it for sure.

Also, I rode my bike into work today. Here I am in my snazy biker gear. I bought the biker gloves because my palms were sore after my last bike outing. My time into work was rather slow again, but my trip back was tem minutes faster. This was probably due to my back tire being bent. Since it is bent, it was hitting my rear break. To fix this I simply disconnected my rear break and I found it much much MUCH easier to peddle. As for my keester, I fixed my seat at work so that my seat doesn't fall back. This made it a little easier on my backside.

No comments: