Friday, July 18, 2008

I'm married!!

Well, that's pretty obvious already. The only reason why it is news worthy is because I have my wedding ring back. Actually, it's not really back, really it has been replaced. Hey, I can't believe all you women out there! You all are probably assuming that I lost it or I dropped it down the drain or something to that nature. Women so often think so little of men. I am proud to say that I did NOT lose my ring. I actually started getting a rash from it. It turns out that there is a strong chance that I'm allergic to nickel. Well, I know what your thinking, "Nickel, but you got a gold wedding band, why did you get a nickel wedding band?" (And if you weren't thinking this, then I don't know what to say. I wasted some of your time. Sorry) But no, I didn't get a nickel wedding band, gold rings contain some nickel in them to make them stronger. So I had to go back to Ben Bridge to get a new ring. Luckily the took my ring back. Kayleen was with me when we went to return the ring and we ended up picking a ring we were thinking of picking before. It's actually a tungsten ring,. (So, if you pump enough voltage through me, my finger might glow like a light bulb!) It also has a nice sort of celtic-ish sort of knot thing on it. And I also ordered a ring that was a size bigger because I picked the wrong size for my first wedding band. It was alright getting it on, but you needed the jaws of life to get it off. All in all, I think it has been a great improvement.

Here is my new ring. I'm try to take a closer picture but my camera is not very good at close ups. You can see the design if you zoom in a bit on this picture.


But seeing as that I just got my ring back a few days ago, it meant that I was going around in public without a wedding ring! Kayleen was very worried and was contemplating putting a tattoo on my forhead to say "Taken" or "Felon." Either way, something to drive anyone away from me. I guess I'm lucky because my wife must think that I'm still quite a catch. (Even after being married to me for a whole 2 MONTHS!) In the end we both agreed that it would probably be best just to wait for the ring. (I dodged a big bullet there from my very hormonal wife. (hormonal in a good way though, honey!))

As for work today, I biked in again. Two days strait! It's been good to get some exercise and also, I need to get gas for Kayleen's little car and since I've been biking, I haven't needed to fill it up and the gas prices have been coming down a bit. So not only did I save on the gas I didn't use to drive, but when I do fill the car up, it will be a little cheaper than it would have been... AGHHH... This is getting confusing to write. In short I saved money at the cost of running myself ragged and getting a rather sore keester. THE END! (Sorry, it's late and I'm tired. I'm not thinking clearly. You may ask "Then why are you blogging instead of sleeping?" Well, it's because my brother (WHO DOESN'T EVEN BLOG!!!) complained that I don't write in my blog very often. It's all his fault I'm blogging while I'm tired and grumpy. You can blame him. You have my permission.)

No comments: