Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our wild adventures to the south

So this last weekend we went down to the wilds of Oregon to take part in my God-child's baptism. It was so great to see so many of my cousins in over a year. I also got to see my grandma, and Louisa got to see her great grandma for her first time!

It took us a while because Louisa doesn't know left and right and so when I told her to turn left she would turn around and glare at me. I keep forgetting she is only 6 months and doesn't know what left and right are.

Louisa getting to know her cousin Isaac. Apparently she gets to know people by grabbing at their feet.


Here are Gina and Isaac on the right and Louisa and me on the left. (I hope you're ok with this picture, Gina. Kayleen took two pictures and this is the better of the two.)


Louisa getting a few z's in.

Isaac was too.

Here is Henri and Louisa. Louisa has had some "stranger danger" and has started to cry when strangers, typically men, hold her. Henri was able to trick Louisa for a while.

Here is Louisa after she realized that neither mommy or daddy were holding her. She warmed up to Henri later on though. We find that it just takes a little time for her to warm up to guys.

Here is Isaac, clothed in white after his baptism. "All you who have been baptized in Christ, have put on Christ! Alleluia."

I don't know why but this picture came out sideways. It didn't when I previewed it. I'm just going to be lazy and make you do the work. If you want to see the picture correctly, please tilt your computer monitor or tilt your head. Or save the picture and rotate the picture yourself.

Louisa got in some good playing time on all of her great-aunt's toys.
Here we are visiting grandma.
Here is our family picture before we left for home.

Here are some videos from our visit to Louisa's great-grandma.




No comments: