Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Angry Political Ranting

Well, this is actually not really a ranting. I was recently emailed some very informative videos about the current financial crisis and about the real cause of today's problems. Just a warning, these videos may make you very angry.





This political year is getting me more and more frustrated. I know it's useless, but I was arguing with a guy about a youtube video, not one of these videos. I was responding to a video claiming that McCain's attack videos were under handed lies. One video claims that Obama's biggest act in the senate was to get sex ed for K-12 graders. The video's response to that was a response from Obama that said that the video was a lie, the bill was ment to help protect children from child preditors. I responded saying:
"This video has very few facts. It claims that McCain is lying so therefore he is lying. Just looking at the first add where McCain accuses Obama of starting having sex ed classes for k-12. If you look at the actual bill, you will see that it is true.
"Each class or course in comprehensive sex education offered in any of grades K through 12 shall include instruction on the prevention of sexually transmitted infections, including the prevention, transmission and spread
of HIV."
SB-99 IL"

Some guy then responded by calling me a moron and telling me I shouldn't vote because I did not have a sufficient IQ. (And no, Pat was not the person who responded to my comment.) I appreciated his logic that since it is silly for a first grade teacher to teach sex ed that no one would say that we should have first graders learning sex ed, therefore I had no idea what I was talking about, therefore I am a moron. The logic seems sound to me, I guess I should think about having my wife fill out my ballot for me.

No comments: