Saturday, August 9, 2008

Take me out to the ball game...

So yesterday at work I had to go to my mandatory daily meeting to report on the progress I had made the day before. It's kind of hard to do when I don't know exactly what the part of my project is supposed to do exactly. Well, these meeting are usually not that exciting but after yesterdays meeting one of my co-workers offered two mariner tickets to who ever wanted them for $5 bucks a pop! I hadn't been to a mariner game in quite some time so I said I could take them on the condition that Kayleen would want to go. (See, I thought about her health! If you were to read her blog you wouldn't think so. I called her up and asked. I didn't force her. In fact I also let us leave before the game was over even though we were only down by 2 runs! And Raul Ibanez had just hit a game winning homerun the night before! Oh well.) Well Kayleen did say that she would want to go. (Probably because she said she wanted to take me to a game for my birthday.) Since we got the tickets so cheap we decided to splurge on parking and got a great parking spot almost right across from the stadium. It did cost $15 but with tickets our night out was only $25. Not a bad deal for a professional sporting event. Even though we lost, it was still a lot of fun.



Here we are at the game. I had a nicer picture to post but somebody stole it and posted it before I could. I'm not going to say who that somebody was though, just because I'm a nice guy.

The Seattle Skyline before the star of the game. At least part of it.


Beltre fouling off a pitch.


Here comes the next pitch to him...

Looks like the pitcher doesn't like it when you don't put the ball into play. I don't think Beltre fouled off another pitch.


And finally here is Wladmire hitting a single. Earlier in the game he hit a two run homerun to give us the lead. Silva promptly gave up 4 runs the next inning. We never recoered and lost. I was forced to start drinking to console myself after such a hard loss.



Oh yeah, it was also Yuniesky bobble head night last night. That was a very pleasent surprise. I couldn't believe it, Kayleen almost refust hers! I quickly told her to take one and that if she still didn't want it that I would take it.

1 comment:

Kayleen said...

You keep forgetting to take the bobble-head with you to work for your desk. Since you did, I relagated him to a box...