Wednesday, August 20, 2008

And it's a...

**********SPOILER ALERT*************
If you don't want to know what we are having, don't read this entry

Well today was the big day! The first ultrasound! It was such an amazing experience to see our little child. The ultrasound technician was able to find the baby right away, I was thinking that she would have to hunt a little bit to get a good image but it was almost immediately that she was able to show us a good view of our precious little one. She then proceeded to get all of the shots that she needed for their tests, which we were happy to get to view, because we got to see some lovely shots of our child's face and cute profiles. (Although it looked like our child was sucking her thumb! That's right, for anyone who hasn't found out yet, we are going to have a little girl!) It was so amazing to see our precious little child and see her moving around. The image came in so clear that it was easy for us to tell what was what.


So here is our little girl! Now that we know, with 95% accuracy, what we are going to have, we are both really excited. I've know now that when I come home from work, that I'm coming home to my two girls. I also have someone else to talk to at home. She, our baby, was there before but it's hard to have a conversation with someone when someone in the room insists that you are wrong about the other person's gender. (Although I admit, Kayleen was right. I was saying it was going to be a boy. But partly that was just what I was hoping for, but I think I knew that it was going to be a girl. Partly it was a gut feeling and also I kept hearing Carrie Underwood's song "All American Girl." It was like that song was following me around!)

I think Kayleen and I have picked a first name, but Kayleen is not %100 on it quite yet. I really like the name and have been using it a lot since we found out it was a girl. I'm hoping that it grows on her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is SO exciting! I'm so happy for you guys! I love the 1st major ultrasound! Having gone through this experience 4 times makes no difference in the level of excitement we have had seeing our little ones clearly for the first time!

It's always amazing how a little baby grows inside its mother! Kicking away! Gosh, that is so cool and exciting for you guys! And to be able to take a little peek at what the little girl is doing in there is truely a great experience! You guys are in my prayers! Take care of your wife and baby! :)

anne said...

I think you should name the baby Louisa John, of the names you listed. Louisa Therese has too many s's.
(and Louisa Theresa is just funny)
Louisa Marie is pretty typical (not bad, but if you want to go for something unusual, don't pick Marie)
Louisa Ann is alright, but if you're going to do ann, you should it with an E :D

Taylor likes John, too.

If you really want name your little girl after you (Mike), you could name her Louisa Jeanne (so that she's not made fun of by mean kids (like you were, Mike, undoubtedly) when she's old enough to care about being made fun of. :D