Friday, June 20, 2008

Ratted out!

Well I've been ratted out boys. I actually didn't tell my wife that I've started a blog and she found it! Well it was my own dumb mistake. I made a comment on her blog and I accidentally signed it with my blog name. I've been trying to convince her that this is some other guys blog that just has a lot of similarities between our life's, but it hasn't been working. Oh well.



Back to the real reason I wanted to write in my blog today. I didn't want to go on forever and write a freakin ( sorry about my language) novel in my last post so I thought I would stretch it out over a few entries instead. So anyways, you people out in blog land may be wondering why I chose the name "picky bear" for my blog name. Well when I was a wee lad around the age of early teenish, I was in D.C. with some of my family. My older brother was graduating and he took us to an Asian restaurant. It was one of those places where they make the food right in front of you but I don't think it was a Beni Hannas (Not sure on spelling, but too lazy to check it.). Well if you know me, the first thing you would probably say to describe me would be "Picky eater." Yeah yeah yeah... I know. Ok, I feel the shame of it. And yes, I know that by revealing this to you that my readership will take a hard hit by I think you all deserve the truth. Anyway, back to the story. When I looked at the menu I didn't see anything that I wanted to try, so I just asked for some steamed rice. The waited thought this was very strange and kept trying to get me to order something but I had to tell him that I was kind of picky. Well after out meal we talked to our waiter a bit more and found out that he had just moved to the US recently from South Korea. ( The good Korea) Since he didn't know many people in the area he asked for our emails so he had people to write to. I gave him mine and is was "michaelbear..." He thought this was a very funny name and later he actually did write us some emails and in his email he didn't call me "michaelbear" but "Picky bear." I guess I'm being a bit of a masochist for using this name but it's still a funny story so there you go.

Next time I hope to post some pictures but I can't think of any to post here. Sorry. (Also, I don't like the little emodicons so don't expect me to do any! EVER!!! Well, maybe not ever, but I'm not doing a little sad face here.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael Bear!!!!

I found your blog through a comment you made on Kelly's Blog. Just wanted to share a little tid bit with you: Ryan has kinda re-adopted the nickname "Michael Bear" for my own Michael, my first born. In fact, that Summer you talked about in this post was the same summer you guys came to my townhouse MY Michael Bear's 1st b-day party! It's funny that we still call him Michael Bear, and it came from your family's nickname for you! Anyway, it's lovely to read your blog! So far so good! Blogging is fun! Check out my blog if you'd like. There's a link from Kelly's and Ryan's blogs. I think I'm lnwb on Kelly's blog. Anyway again, congrats on your marriage and big congrats on baby #1! Very exciting!
~Bridget