Monday, June 23, 2008

Puzzle Impossible

Here is the beautiful birthday girl


I should probably get the most important thing over with, and that is wishing my wife a very happy golden birthday! The good news or us was that the birthday girl felt good for most of the day but now she doesn't and is laying down. I even made cake for her and now I'm going to have to eat it all by myself. Well, maybe not. Since it s her cake I should probably wait for her so she can have a few bites.


As for the puzzle impossible, Kayleen and I bought a 3D puzzle of the Empire State Building. After we got it home and began sorting the puzzle we realized that we had just paid good money on something that was going to be very frustrating, more than it's going to be fun. The good news is that we made a decent attempt at it today and we are actually starting to make some progress. Since we don't have to build a foundation and with 101 floors, if we continue with one story a day, we will have this thing done in 101 days. (That was some hard math.) Well, compared to the actual construction of the building, it's pretty good. I mean, the guys that constructed it didn't have to sort through almost 1000 pieces to find two that go together. Plus there were more than two people working on it. My wife is helping but she keeps flaking out on me claiming that her morning sickness is acting up. (I don't think any women who read this blog like me at all. My choice I guess is to stop with my comments and have my wife be mad at me for trying to get women to not hate my blog or I could continue the comments and have my wife be mad at me for claiming she's faking it. It's a lose-lose situation. Not very uncommon for husbands.) Although, I think I am starting to obsess about it more so it may not take that many day to complete it.


Here is the puzzl all laid out


Here is the base done and the first floor laid out on the box

2 comments:

Kayleen said...

Thank you for the birthday wishes and for all the little things you did for me! I'm sorry I didn't help with the puzzle, but I just wasn't in the mood. Plus it's true, you were obsessing a little bit. What would you do if I dis-assembled it while you were at work??

Anonymous said...

I'm a woman who just found your blog, read it, and have no problem with you! I like your Empire State Building project! As a NYC-born girl, I think it's a great idea! Hope you get it done in less that 101 days! You can do it!