Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Technical Help

Well I guess I need to be a little more careful on the tags I put on my blog. My last entry I put a tag saying "Job Search" and I think some guy did a web crawl for blogs with this in their tags and automatically posted to my blog. I thought the blogger server required people to enter in those messages to prevent people from doing something like that. Oh well.

Also, I saw this Dilbert comic and it used to make me want to get a job in technical support. I can safely say that after a job at Safeway and in my latest contract position, any such dreams have quickly died away.



Mostly they died away because I would never be able to give advice to people. I'm also afraid that I might tell people they have an ID-10T problem. A guy I worked with told me that tech support people would tell people they had an ID-10T problem for special cases. (Like not being able to find the "Any" key or needing help turning on their computer.) Well one guy lost his job after a he told a customer that she had this problem. She wrote down ID10T (Well, when she wrote it, it may have looked more like "IDIOT"), paused and then hung up and called again to talk to the guy's supervisor.

I'll throw in this Tech support cartoons as well.



No comments: