Thursday, July 9, 2009

I'm doing all I can

Kayleen likes donating as much of me as she can so yesterday I went and gave blood. (Not only because Kayleen wanted me to but the blood bank would not stop hounding me for my blood. I'm hoping it's because they could actually use it.)
Here is my precious blood going bye bye.

We also volunteered to clean church this week. At our church if you are strong enough to carry a duster, you are strong enough to work. We don't really care about child labor laws so we but Louisa to work dusting the church. She did an ok job for her age, but we are hoping she improves as she gets older.

3 comments:

Nurse Neagle said...

what blood type are you? I should probably donate blood...being a nurse, but I must admit I'm kinda scared to do it

Picky Bear said...

I keep forgetting what my blood type is. I think it's some sort of common gutter blood, but I know it's not the universal donor type. Also, as far as the pain, it doesn't hurt too much. Kayleen is pretty sure giving birth hurts a lot more and that I shouldn't complain about arm pricks. (Well, I might be guessing that Kayleen would say that. It's late so I'll just ask her later if that is what she would say to me if I did complain about the pain.)

Kayleen said...

Yeah, well her "OK" job meant falling asleep, taking more than one bathroom break, and being fussy. Next time I don't think we should count on her too much...