Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Getting ready for baby

I should probably start this posting wishing my sister a happy birthday. Happy Birthday Katie! Hope you have a great day!


I can't believe it's the middle of January already! It seems like B-day, birth-day, is approaching at a million miles an hour. (Not sure if that makes sense, but it approaching very quickly. I hope this clarification makes you happy Pat.) Kayleen has been somewhat in nesting I guess, but she is frustrated that she can't really prepare properly because we have not yet moved into out apartment yet, we are sort of in apartment limbo right now waiting for our place to get cleaned up and some minor remodeling finished up.

Well, I started writing this post while I was getting my oil changed but when I got back, I put off finishing the post and now it's Wednesday and we have started moving into our new place. Kayleen is excited and is very happy with the new apartment. (It would be impossible not to be pleased with it, it's one of the best apartments in the building.) But the nice thing is that we will have a room with all of Lou's stuff. We are pretty much all prepared for her now, we just bought a little sleeper so that Lou is safe while she sleeps with us on the bed. (Below is a picture of the sleeper, although it doesn't come with a baby like the picture on the box says. But it does come with a little nightlight which I'm sure will come in handy for Kayleen for midnight feedings.)
This was one of our few costs that we had, our families and friends have been very supportive and have bought us pretty much everything that we needed. (Thanks mom and dad for the stroller and the car seat, and thanks to my in-laws for the clothes, mattress, humidifier and something that Kayleen says that I'm not allowed to mention.) Now that we have all of the stuff, Kayleen and I are finishing up on studying on child birth and things that would be good for us to know when Lou is born. One thing that I never thought about was that this Sunday Kayleen could have Lou and she wouldn't be a preemie. So far there are no signs that Kayleen is going to go into labor tonight (but now Murphy's law says that she will.) it didn't help when Kayleen had us watch a video about the final months of pregnancy and one of the women in the documentary went into labor at 37 weeks with her first baby.

It will be nice tomorrow to be finally settled into our new place. I am so excited for the arrival of Lou. The whole pregnancy has gone by so quickly, it seems like it was just last week that we found out that we were going to have a baby and now we are going to be able to meet our baby girl for the first time face to face.

To finish off this post, here is a picture of the Puget Sound.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw! I'm so excited for you guys! And I love the baby box sleeper thingy. I always wished that they made something like that to kind of give the baby their own sleeping space if they are in bed with the parents. I suppose I could have just looked for something like that, but I didn't! Anyway, I'll pray for you guys for a safe delivery! You will do just fine! I know you have tons of support, but if you ever feel like you need anything at all, let me know. I will help you out as much as I can from all the way across the country! Take care!

Picky Bear said...

Thanks Bridget, Kayleen and I appreciate your support. (Also, sorry about the Giants. I was hoping they would win.)

Ry Guy said...

Ew!

I got cooties from that picture of me with Kate!

Anonymous said...

You guys certainly have my prayers! And, yeah. Sad about the Giants. Thanks for your support of my sweet, sweet Giants!

I actually changed into my Seahawks shirt after the game. I was not happy with their performance at all. Oh well. At least we're still the reining Super Bowl Champs until Feb 1st. So...yay. Wooo. Exciting. Sad. Depressed. Angry. Ugh.

Anyway, there's always next year! Ughhhh. Still hurting from the loss I guess.