Thursday, January 15, 2009

Beware! Nesting woman!

I'm pretty sure I'm going to get in trouble with my blog post title, but Kayleen and I went to the doctor's today for her weekly checkup and we were told that Kayleen is more than likely going to deliver early, in fact she said any day now! We finished moving everything into our new apartment today, but we still need to unpack and finish setting up for Lou. This has sent Kayleen into uber nesting mode. As Kayleen's friends know, she usually goes to bed pretty early but tonight she had lots of energy and is panicking a little bit hoping that everything is ready when Lou comes.

Tonight Lou was kicking a lot. Kayleen thinks it's because she is getting tired of being cooped up in for so long and that she is anxious to get out. It was pretty amazing though to see her kick because you didn't need to feel for her kicks, but you could see her foot pressing through and you could almost grab her foot too. (Which reminds me a story my Aunt Jan told us about when she was pregnant and her baby pushed their foot out so much that she was actually able to hold onto their foot.) I pressed back (don't worry, I didn't push very hard) on Lou's foot. I wonder what she was thinking, if she would think that it is someone else. I know babies hear voices and can recognize their mother's voice after they are born, but do they realize that there are people out there? I've heard that is takes a while for babies to even become self aware, so I'm not sure. I wonder if Lou put any thought into the pressure she felt as she tried to stretch mommy's tummy into odd shapes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love baby kicks. Especially at the end of pregnancy! Those babies get wild on the inside! Take a picture of Kayleen before you go to the hospital. It's always fun to have a "before" picture!