Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Carols

Yesterday we had our annual "Taste of Christmas" Mass and Carols at our church yesterday. Every year we get all dressed up and sing Christmas carols at church and afterward we have mass. I enjoy the carols, but one of my favorite ones is when they sing "Child of the poor" and "What Child is this" together. They alternate the songs back and forth and then on the last verse the men would sing "Child of the poor" and the women would sing "What Child is this." I had never heard the song Child of the poor before going to school, at least I don't recall hearing it.

Here is a video with the two songs. They performed it the same way as we did. (Or we copied them or we all copied somebody else. All you need to know is that we did it the same way. But it's probably more likely that we both copied someone else and that this is a common way to sing these songs. But is was something that is new to me. That's all that is important.) According to a description for the video it says "Prayerful meditation to be used as an introduction for an Advent Prayer Service interceding for the healing of loved ones who have been hurt by members of the Church."

1 comment:

Kayleen said...

It really is a beautiful combination. I think it was my favorite of the ones we sang. I haven't watched the video yet though because I just know it's going to make me cry.