Wednesday, October 15, 2008

My baby likes...

Recently Kayleen has been worried about Louisa because the last few days she has not been kicking as much as she had been before. She was starting to worry, like any other soon-to-be mother I would imagine. But last night I was programming and I started playing some music. I started playing a song by Carrie Underwood called American Girl, Kayleen likes that song, especially since we are having a girl, and Louisa started kicking like crazy again. I guess she is a big Carrie Underwood fan, just like her grandma.

Also, on Wednesday, xkcd had this cartoon.
I found it especially funny because I was trying to play an episode I had bought on iTunes and apparently I had already selected the 5 machines to run my shows on. That was a little frustrating. I guess I should think about the lesson of the cartoon.

To end this entry, I'll ask a riddle. Lets say that there is a hallway. You are at one end of the hallway with three light switches. Each switch goes to a light bulb in a room at the other end of the hallway. You need to find out which switch goes to which bulb. You can flip the light switches on and off as much as you want, but you can't see the light from the bulbs coming from the room. Also, you can only go into the room once. I'll give you the answer later.

2 comments:

Ry Guy said...

Flip the first switch and leave it on for ten minutes, then switch it off.

Flip the second switch and walk into the room.

You will be able to then tell which switch goes to which bulb provided you are allowed to touch the bulbs to find out which one is hot.

Kayleen said...

Yep, Lou is movin' around again, and I'm convinced she likes country music. We'll see if she likes Irish or Country more...