Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Cancelled my insurance today

Today I cancelled my insurance because I have been hired on full time at the company I've been contracting with since November. I'm going to miss my old insurace, for one thing it had an awesome name: Catastrophic Insurance! It makes you feel safe and secure knowing that if something catastrphic happens you're covered. Well anyways, I didn't really have a problem when I called up to cancel but this is what happened. (Note: I'm paraphrasing a bit.)



Insurance lady: Hello thank you for calling ######, how may I help you?



Me: Hi, I'd like to cancel my insurance.



Insurance lady: Ok, and can I get you're address to confirm who you are?



Me: Yeah it's...



Insurance lady: I have SE instead of SW, is SE incorrect?



Me: oh yeah, it should be SW.



Insurance lady: Oh, do you want me to change it to SW?



Me: Um I guess, but does it really matter if I'm cancelling my plan, does it matter?



Insurance lady: Oh, yeah. I guess not.



I should have called later because she kind of hung up on me, but oh well. And in case you forgot, here is a picture of my cute wife.


1 comment:

petitcompaore said...

Mike, this by far is one of the best posts I've seen in awhile :) That made my day!